The Tinley Park Public Library is proud to offer a secured display case for those with artistic collections. Please utilize the Display Case Application to apply. The Tinley Park Public Library invites those 18 years of age and over to submit an application for consideration. It is our goal to give local residents the opportunity to present their collections in a public setting and encourages all residents in Tinley Park, Orland Hills, and its surrounding areas to apply.
- Press release to Southtown/Star and Tinley Junction
- Tinley Park Public Library website
- Electronic sign in front of library
- Slide on the electronic displays in the lobby and circulation areas of the library
- Announcement on Tinley Park Local Access Cable channel
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS:
All applications will be reviewed by the Tinley Park Public Library. All submissions will be considered in terms of social and cultural significance. Applicants will be notified of the library’s decision by mail or email.
Collections that are accepted for exhibition in the Tinley Park Public Library Display Case will be selected from the collection pieces documented in the applications. The acceptance of an application does not indicate that the resident can exhibit collection pieces different than what has been submitted. If, after the acceptance of an application, any additions are to be made, those changes must be approved by the Tinley Park Public Library.
Applicants who are awarded an exhibition in the display case are chosen without regard to race, gender, disability, or sexual orientation of the artists.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES:
- The purpose of this application is to help the Tinley Park Public Library better understand your collection. The library requests several supporting materials to accompany your application, and the following list of guidelines has been created to help you understand the various requirements.
- Applicants are required to submit the Documentation List (found on pages 3-5 of the Display Case Application). This list will provide the library with all necessary information about the collection. If your application is accepted, the library will also use this information for inventory purposes when the collection is installed.
* If your application is accepted, you will be contacted by the Tinley Park Public Library in a timely manner. Your application information may be published in press releases and advertising materials. An identifying plaque will be provided by the library and be displayed with the collection.